April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month!
For the month of April, CASA of Southern Kentucky will Paint the Town Blue with ribbons, pinwheels, and flyers to bring awareness to the need of education and action toward preventing child abuse in Kentucky. Join us and Go Blue!
How can you Go Blue?
- Join us in our "Paint the Town Blue" campaign by displaying blue ribbons, pinwheels and flyers at your home or business.
Join us on the courthouse lawn on the following dates to take part in Pinwheel planting:
Rockcastle County Courthouse: April 13th at 2:30 pm, Lincoln County Courthouse: April 15th at 10:00 am, Pulaski County Courthouse: April 16th at 3:00 pm
- Take part in our "Wear Blue Day" on April 16th by wearing blue to work, school, or even at home to show your support.
- Go Blue virtually! Find our "Going Blue with CASA of Southern Kentucky" Facebook frame and use this temporary frame for the month of April.
- #goingblue #WearBlueDay2021
- Learn about becoming a CASA volunteer to advocate for the needs of abused and neglected children in our community. Our next CASA 101 Information Session is April 17th via Zoom!
- Register in advance for this meeting!
- Follow us on Facebook to get up to date information on our program and how we support the prevention of child abuse!
- #noexcuseforchildabuse #CASAvolunteer
There are hundreds of abused and neglected children in our community. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Southern Kentucky uses trained and supervised CASA volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children within Pulaski, Lincoln, and Rockcastle Counties in the court system. Our CASA volunteers visit the children regularly, learn what the world is like from the children's eyes, and serve as the child's voice in court.
You can help prevent child abuse by becoming a CASA volunteer.